Brunswick, Virginia Reckless Driving is a Serious Charge
Virginia defines reckless driving as anything OVER 80 mph. Therefore, if you were driving 81 miles per hour in a 70 miles per hour zone, then you are technically guilty of reckless driving. The problem is that reckless driving is criminal. It is not a speeding ticket. Yes, you were speeding. However, you are guilty of a criminal offense. It is important to do everything possible to REDUCE the charge.
If you do not get it reduced, you face the following potential problems:
- permanent criminal record, guaranteed
- this never goes away, and it cannot be expunged
- jail time up to one year depending on the speed
- license suspension up to six months
- many states AUTOMATICALLY suspend your license
- insurance premium increases
- average insurance increase is $3000-5000 for reckless driving
- employment problems
- military personnel face more severe consequences potentially
The bottom line is, if you can get this reduced you should. Many times we can get these cases reduced. Leavitt & Martin have successfully defended over 5000 reckless driving cases. We usually know what we can accomplish on any given case.
Reckless Driving in Brunswick, VA Reduced with NO POINTS
Sometimes we can get cases reduced with no points. This means there is usually NO INSURANCE impact. Also, there is no criminal conviction if it’s reduced.
Call today for a free consultation at 804-873-4004. Every case is different and past results do not guarantee or predict the future.