Emporia VA Reckless Driving Tickets
Virginia has one of the strictest reckless driving laws in the U.S., and in Emporia, VA these laws are routinely and heavily enforced. Interstate 95 and Route 58 run through Emporia, making it a prime patrol area for law enforcement agencies from the city of Emporia, Greensville County, and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Emporia has been known for its speed traps on I-95 and Route 58 for at least a decade. In Virginia, drivers can be convicted of reckless driving for (a) going 20 mph or more over the limit, or (b) going over 80 miles per hour regardless of the speed limit. On I-95 in Emporia, the posted speed limit is 70 mph, meaning that you could be charged with reckless driving for going only 11 miles per hour over the speed limit. In addition, out of state drivers frequently face an automatic license suspension.
Don’t Let a Reckless Driving or Speeding Ticket Impact You
Emporia VA reckless driving is a misdemeanor and results in a permanent criminal record if you get convicted. It can impact your insurance (they can drop you from coverage, or double or triple your rates), it can impact your job (security clearance, background check), it can impact your life in ways you could not expect even years later.
Speeding tickets can also have a serious impact on insurance. You don’t have to get convicted of reckless driving or speeding in Emporia. Call Leavitt & Martin today for a free consultation.
Steps to Solve Your Reckless Driving Problem
First you need to know what you are looking at. This means considering the following:
- did you get your ticket in Emporia, or Greensville
- two different judges
- what speed did they say you were going
- how many tickets will show up on your driving record
- are the tickets recent
- are the tickets serious
- even some non moving violations will be treated as prior speeding tickets
- how many tickets are there
- were you polite with the officer
- are there any other considerations such as
- you are a student
- military/security clearance, etc.
Second, once you know the nature of the case you need to come up with a plan to position the case the best way it can be BEFORE court. It is better to be proactive for several reasons:
- the judges appreciate someone who treats the case seriously
- being proactive saves administrative work for the clerks and the court
- it sends the right message, you only get one chance to make a first impression
At Leavitt & Martin, we can go over your case with you to determine the best way to proceed. We can answer all of your questions about your Emporia, VA reckless driving charge.
Emporia, VA Reckless Driving Cost
Attorney fees vary greatly. At Leavitt & Martin, we provide specialized traffic representation. In addition, we personally handle our cases in court. We try to provide rates based on the expected amount of time your case will take. We charge flat rate fees, so we never bill you more. Call today for a free consultation. We can consult with you about your case, and provide you with the cost for representation in Emporia, VA.
Recent Results Emporia Speeding and Reckless Driving
- 9 Emporia Speeding and Reckless Speeding Cases reduced NO POINTS
- Emporia Reckless Driving Speeding 80 mph in 55 reduced NO POINTS
- Emporia Reckless Driving Speeding 78 mph in 55 reduced NO POINTS
- Emporia Reckless Driving Speeding, 75 mph in 55 reduced NO POINTS
- Emporia Speeding 74 mph in 55 reduced NO POINTS
TRUSTED EMPORIA VIRGINIA TRAFFIC AND DUI LAWYERS
- A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau
- Members of the Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce
- Member of National College for DUI Defense
- Avvo Top Rated 10/10
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100