Virginia Possession of Alcohol Lawyer
Fighting for Your Future
As a underage drinking defense lawyer, I represent students from The University of Richmond, The Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia State University and other universities. Many of my clients and their parents are surprised by the penalties associated with various underage drinking crimes. Some convictions can include up to a year in jail and $2,500 in fines, not to mention the possibility of being kicked out of school and ruining great opportunities for the future. In this economy employers are much more selective about who they hire. A criminal conviction now, even for a misdemeanor, can have unfortunate ramifications later.
At Leavitt & Martin, PLLC, we serve college students and their parents in underage drinking crime defense against charges that include:
- Underage in possession of alcohol: It is illegal for an underage person to consume alcohol, but it is also illegal even to possess alcohol.
- Possession of fake identification: Possession of the fake IDs used by underage people to purchase alcohol are also illegal.
- Public drunkenness and related crimes: College is a time when a lot of young people make some bad decisions, many of them involving alcohol. It is not uncommon for underage drinkers to face charges for behaving poorly.
- Underage driving under the influence (underage DUI): Driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal regardless of the driver’s age, but being underage can add complications and perhaps increase charges.
- Selling alcohol to a minor: I represent clients who have been charged with selling alcohol to a minor — some who have been charged personally as well as store clerks facing these charges.
- Disorderly conduct: I represent clients who may have had too much to drink and acted out of character.
Experienced Underage Possession of Alcohol Lawyer Practicing in the Greater Richmond Area
I have criminal defense experience in many different courts in the Richmond Area. Contact me today if you or a loved one have a pending alcohol related charge in:
- Amelia County
- Brunswick County
- Chesterfield County
- City of Colonial Heights
- Dinwiddie County
- City of Emporia
- Greensville County
- Hanover County
- Henrico County
- City of Hopewell
- Mecklenburg County
- New Kent County
- City of Petersburg
- Powhatan County
- Prince George County
- City of Richmond
- Surry County
- Sussex County
- City of Waverly
Defense Against Underage Possession of Alcohol in Virginia and Other Charges
I understand the severity of the charges you or your child is facing. I will do everything I can to help minimize the damage of these charges.
I offer free initial consultations for prospective clients in Virginia. This way, if you or a college-aged child is facing Possession of Alcohol charges or other criminal charges, you can talk to an attorney without obligation and learn about your rights and options. Call 804-873-4004 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation with a lawyer.